søndag 7. februar 2010

So loud, yet so proud


Jambo, my fellow friends and nemisis.

I know it has been a while since I've updated you about my country, but I have a good reason for my quietness, silentness, hush-hush-ness and stillness for the last season. This may come as a shock to you, but that's only because you haven't had a single clue. You see, I have been raising my child. Yes, man. You read right, I didn't spell wrong. I have a son. A real son. A son-son! You know, the thing that comes out of a woman's belly after eating too much jelly nine months straight, after worrying about "being late". It is not that I have kept it as a secret, I just haven't had any reason to tell you about my son, you know. Nothing to brag about. Until now.

You see, before I didn't keep my head up high like an ostrich. In fact, I have kept my head low like a turtle, like the trunk of an elephant, like the sunset without the sunrise. Down...down under ground. It is not cool being a father if you don't find any good qualities in your son that you can brag about to your friends. So I had to take the matters into my own hands and GIVE HIM good qualities so I could brag.

And so I have this last couple of months. I'm sure you have realised that I am quite-a-lot-of-very-fond of my own country Africa - the biggest country in the world, so that's the reason I have taught him how to play our next most famous musical instrument (hitting on a turtles shell with a really thick and long stick being the most famous one); the djembe-wimba-wembe-a-wimba-we-drums! My son, being very young, had difficulties finding the rythm even though I told him to look for it in his spine, so I had to tempt him with some sugar cane candy. Looks like it helped, because now he has found his spinal rythm and plays like a uncle-trucker! I was so proud so I contacted the local market who new a guy, who new a girl who had a sister who had a friend who didn't have a brother, but had a boyfriend who's grandmother had a lover that was 50 years younger than her who was the step son of a local news reporter. And this man came to my house and filmed my son.

So now you can see a video of my son playing the djembe-wimba-wembe-a-wimba-we-drum!
And I can assure you that my head is high as the Kilimanjaro mountain, and I am as proud as our biggest lake is deep!
Enjoy my son, and enjoy his spinal rythm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZhAxbAx72U&feature=related

1 kommentar: